Happy Birthday David Lynch
- When I was 18, this guy I had a mega crush on asked me if I’d seen Eraserhead.
- I said yes.
- This was just a total lie. Forgive me. I thought it would make me seem cooler.
- The next thing that happened is I forgot I lied, and walked around for many years believing myself to have seen the movie Eraserhead.
- I don’t even know what it’s about.
- Is it one of those films where it’s not really “about” anything, like it’s more sort of a meditation on hairstyles or electricity?
- The person who would know is my friend Caitie.
- You would love her – she is just exactly your type, and has never had to lie about watching a movie in order to seem cool.
- I stayed at her house once and watched Mulholland Drive after everyone else had fallen asleep.
- This was a huge, huge mistake.
- I got so scared after that face bit that I couldn’t move even to turn off the TV, and I couldn’t close my eyes for very long in case The Face was waiting for me in my head.
- As you know, the face bit is like right at the beginning, so I had to just crunch up terrified on the sofa for hours and hours.
- It was quite the ordeal.
- Caitie, of course, found this to be the funniest thing ever. I bet you would as well.
- You guys should definitely be friends.
- I will never watch the movie Eraserhead.